Join our classes. Study English at the Community Impact JEEP (Jobs and Education Empowerment Project).
To study in our free English classes, here are the requirements:
- You must be 18 years or older.
- You must live in New York.
- You can study all four days a week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- You can study for the full 12-week cycle.
Where? In and around the Columbia University campus, in Morningside, Manhattanville, Harlem, and Washington Heights.
When? We have three cycles: Spring (January-May), Summer (June-August), and Fall (September-December).
What time? 10am-12pm (beginners only), 12-2pm, 4-6pm, and 6-8pm
We have six levels, starting with absolute beginner.
Please note that this program is NOT intended for
- visiting scholars
- people with student visas or other types of temporary non-immigrant visas such as B-1, B-2, J-1, J-2 or temporary work visas
- very advanced English speakers
- people who will only be in New York on a temporary basis
- residents of New Jersey.
If you are interested in joining the English classes, please click here and complete our pre-registration form or call our office at 212-854-1492. We will contact you when we we have our next registration.
If you do not meet our requirements, you can find other free classes for adult education here.